In August of 2007, I began work on a project which I conceived to help further my budding interests in marine biology and ichthyology. The purpose of the project was to create a guide to the fish of Narragansett Bay. The concept was relatively simple. I would catch a fish, photograph it, and then combine that photo with information from other guides to create comprehensive pages for each species.

Six years later, my Guide to Fish of Narragansett Bay, has grown immensely. What once included only 27 native species, now encompasses over 42 native species, as well as 25 tropical strays. When I entered sophomore year of high school at La Salle Academy, I was accepted into the Pegasus Program, and decided to use the Guide as my Pegasus Project. As of October, 2013, I have written pages for over 45 species, and with continued work I intend to finish the Guide and have a product ready for publication by spring of 2014.

The purpose of this portfolio is to present the work I have done so far, and raise awareness of my project as I continue working over the coming year. In the first two main tabs entitled “Pegasus 10” and “Pegasus 11” one will find the PowerPoint presentations I gave during each of these respective years. The final tab “Pegasus 12” contains the most content of interest. Here one will find photo albums of native and tropical species, as well as several interesting supplemental pictures. Most importantly, under this tab one will find pdf links to the most recent drafts of the Guide itself.

I hope anyone who views this portfolio finds it interesting and enjoyable, and please feel free to contact me at danmcryan@gmail.com with any relevant questions!

Thanks, Daniel Cryan