Grade 7 Trimester 3 4/22/12 Mrs Ejnes Lord of The Flies Symbol Paper

This is a worksheet given out in Mrs Ejnes's class about the novel "Lord of The Flies". The directions were to think about certain objects in the book (the symbols), and think about what they mean or stand for. Even though I did this paper in the matter of twenty minutes, it took a lot of listening to do correctly. I found myself taking out my book half the time to find a page where it mentioned those symbols. You really had to pay attention the the story and the characters in order to detect what the symbols meant. I almost felt like a detective.

• What content knowledge from the class was important to complete this task?

Since this paper was on Lord of The Flies, you definately had to read the story and understand the book. You also had to think about each chapter and review over and over sometimes in order to find out what the symbols were and how they were changing. Sometimes, you also had to understand a certain character in order to understand a certain symbol that was associated with that character. Basically, you had to actually read the book in order to complete this paper.